Records Department Manager
– POSITION FILLED-
A Legal Records Manager performs clerical duties such as organizing files and retrieving an entity’s paperwork, both physically and electronically. They are responsible for maintaining their company records in a complete and orderly manner, according to the organization’s filing systems. Using computers, scanners, copiers and other office equipment, they maintain, update, and create new files for the organization. Legal Records Clerks may be responsible for the intake and disposition of all documents, as well as for existing files.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Primary responsibilities will include the maintenance of all Firm records and files.
- Scan all hard mail documents to be named and routed using the firm’s naming conventions and case management software.
- Ensure that all legal documents are classified according to firm guidelines, such as pleadings, discovery, correspondence, etc. and upload to the firm case management software.
- Answer questions from the legal department about records or client files.
- Manage the intake and chain of custody for all evidence received at the firm.
- Oversee & manage the records clerks’ day to day responsibilities and operation.
- Oversee closed-case files to eliminate outdated or unnecessary materials, destroying them in the firm’s shred containers, and the transfer of case files to proper boxes according to the firm’s file maintenance guidelines or legal requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledgeable on clerical work.
- Computerized information and database record keeping systems.
- Computer information systems, including personal computer applications, work processing and spreadsheets.
Essential Elements / Ability To:
- Effectively manage and lead a team.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing.
- Digital dexterity to assemble, retrieve and replace files.
- Endure prolonged periods of sitting.
- Speak clearly and articulate messages.
- Travel by automobile as required.
- High School diploma
- Accomplished computer keyboarding skills.