Anaheim Rollover Accident Lawyer
The team of Santa Ana Rollover accident attorneys at Bentley & More LLP has extensive experience handling complex litigation in various practice areas, including motor vehicle collisions and rollovers. Rollover accidents are unfortunately common in the Orange County area because of the increased population and traffic. The 214 toll road and just south of the 91 freeway in Santa Ana is a common rollover spot in the area, and these SUV accidents are often times fatal. We have put our talents and resources to work helping many clients in the Orange County area secure millions in damages through civil actions. Southern California drivers need to know what to do after suffering injuries and other losses in rollover accidents.
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), rollover accidents are second only to head-on collisions when it comes to catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Cars and other vehicles roll over for several reasons, including vehicle imbalance, traveling at excessive speeds, inclement weather, road hazards, and driver error. When SUV rollover accidents happen due to driver negligence, injured drivers can recover their losses through personal injury claims.
Determining Liability in a Santa Ana Rollover Accident
The first question that arises in any civil action is, “Who’s to blame for the incident?” Depending on how the rollover accident happened, the case could involve one or more defendants. Here are some things to consider when assessing fault:
- Road hazards. If a dangerous road condition causes a rollover accident, the municipality or local agency responsible for maintaining the road could be liable for the resulting damages. Many rollover accidents happen due to “tripping,” which is when a tire strikes a rock or other debris and loses its grip on the road. If a construction company fails to maintain a safe area around a work site, it may be liable for causing a tripping rollover.
- Vehicle defects. Car manufacturers must ensure that their vehicles meet all applicable safety standards and federal regulations. If a vehicle defect causes a rollover, the injured plaintiff will only need to prove that the defect caused the accident. The plaintiff does not necessarily need to prove that the manufacturer was negligent.
- Driver error. If another driver causes a rollover accident, the injured driver can sue the at-fault driver for the resulting injuries and other damages.
Injured plaintiffs will require competent legal representation to secure damages in rollover accident claims. Some rollover accident cases may involve multiple defendants, but the right rollover accident attorney can help an injured client secure compensation from all available channels.
Compensation in Orange County SUV Rollover Accident Claims
Like most civil actions, victims of SUV rollover accidents in Santa Ana, Anaheim, Irvine and the rest of Orange County have the opportunity to secure financial compensation. The compensation, referred to as “damages” can include:
- Medical expenses. Expenses such as hospital bills, prescription costs, surgery fees, and any other costs for necessary ongoing treatments after an accident.
- Lost income. An injured plaintiff may be unable to work following a rollover accident. Plaintiffs can sue for lost wages as well as future income that they cannot earn due to permanent disability.
- Pain and suffering. A jury will award these damages based on a plaintiff’s physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish after an accident. Pain and suffering damages are likely to be the most substantial item of compensation that a plaintiff will receive in a civil claim.
- Property damage. Claimants can sue for the cost of repairing or replacing a damaged vehicle and any other personal property lost in the accident.
Anyone who has suffered injuries or other losses from a rollover accident in Orange County needs reliable legal counsel to secure appropriate compensation. The Irvine rollover accident attorneys at Bentley & More, LLP have extensive experience in all manner of civil actions, including SUV rollover accidents. Schedule a consultation about your rollover accident claim in Irvine, Santa Ana, Anaheim, or anywhere else in the Orange County area.