Whit BertchTrial Lawyer
Whit Bertch is a trial attorney at Bentley & More whose practice is dedicated to catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, governmental tort liability, and insurance bad faith. Mr. Bertch has represented injured victims his entire career recovering millions of dollars on their behalf. He takes pride in fighting for justice on behalf of his clients–no matter the value of the case–and has defeated numerous motions for summary judgment and tried several cases to verdict. In 2018, he was named to the Top 40 under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Bertch currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, one of California’s largest trial lawyer associations comprised of approximately 500 members. He is also an active member of the Consumer Attorneys of California and American Association for Justice.
Dedicated to providing skilled advocacy and aggressive representation to every client—without exception.
Mr. Bertch graduated from Chapman University in 2014, where he earned a juris doctor degree from the Dale E. Fowler School of Law. While in law school, he served on the Mock Trial Team Executive Board. During law school, he also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable David T. McEachen (Ret.) of the Orange County Superior Court Civil Panel. Prior to law school, Mr. Bertch graduated from Pepperdine University in 2011, where he earned Bachelor of Arts degrees in Economics and Sports Medicine.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Governmental Tort Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
- American Association for Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Orange County Bar Association
- Robert A. Banyard Inn of Court
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, 2016-present
Board of Directors
- Putting Teeth Into Your Case: Winning Strategies for any Dog Attack Case, The Gavel, Spring 2017
- Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2014
- Pepperdine University
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, Sports Medicine, 2011
- Member of trial team in securing a $12.6M settlement for a twenty-six-year-old father of two young daughters who suffered a traumatic brain injury when he was broadsided by a semi-truck while his vehicle was disabled on the I-605 freeway
- Member of trial team in securing an $8M settlement for a twenty-nine-year-old father of two young daughters who suffered catastrophic injuries to his leg when a commercial van turned left in front of him while he was driving his motorcycle in Huntington Beach
- Member of trial team in securing a $7M settlement for a twenty-six-year-old young man who suffered a below-the-knee amputation to his left leg when a semi-truck sideswiped him while he was driving his motorcycle on Pacific Coast Highway
- Lead attorney in obtaining a $1.4M judgment for a nineteen-year-old woman who suffered permanent scarring and ligament damage to her left arm when she was attacked by a pit bull in Burbank