Jaimi GroothuisPARTNER & TRIAL LAWYER
Jaimi Groothuis is a partner at Bentley & More whose practice focuses on products liability, catastrophic personal injury, and construction site accidents. She came to Bentley & More with a strong passion for serving her community and those with special needs. Jaimi received her undergraduate degree from UCLA, where she focused on working with disabled individuals through the UCLA Autism Project and the LA Unified School District. Following graduation Jaimi pursued a successful career in the high-tech industry where she worked with college and university disability centers around the country supporting their efforts to leverage technology, strengthen ADA compliance and expand accessibility. Ms. Groothuis completed her law degree at night while working full-time. She graduated from Concord University in the top 10% of her class, and was awarded the honor “Best Oral Advocate.” She is a committed advocate who has successfully recovered millions of dollars for the clients of Bentley & More.
Areas Of Practice
- Products liability
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Construction Site and Trucking Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Governmental Tort Liability
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2018-2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- President, Orange County Women Lawyers Association, 2018
- Banyard Inn of Court, Marjorie Day Associate of the Year Award, 2013
Ms. Groothuis’ Experience Includes the Following:
- Team lead on large multi-plaintiff products liability action that secured a $24 million settlement for clients who suffered e-cigarette product related injuries.
- Lead associate on the trial team that obtained a $26 million settlement in a car accident case involving the wrongful death of one passenger and left another with a catastrophic brain injury.
- Lead associate in a slip-and-fall injury case against a grocery store that obtained a settlement in excess of $2 million on behalf of a client who sustained a back fracture in the incident.
- Lead counsel on a construction site case that obtained a $1 million settlement for a man who injured his neck and back in a fall and required surgery.
- Member of the litigation team that secured a $5.85 million settlement for a temporary worker who was severely injured while disassembling all-metal firework stands (Pinon v. American Promotional Events, Inc. dba TNT Fireworks and American Promotional Events, Inc. – West).
Concord University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 2009
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Top 10%
- Honors: Best Oral Advocate