San Bernardino Amazon Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
The Amazon fulfillment center in San Bernardino employees thousands of individuals and has dramatically changed the lives of many. Working for the world’s largest online retailer has its perks, such as long-term job security. However, it can also have serious drawbacks – including a high potential for personal injuries.
Choose Bentley & More LLP if you need workers’ compensation benefits or assistance in San Bernardino. Our San Bernardino workers’ compensation attorneys aren’t afraid to file against Amazon or its insurer on your behalf in pursuit of fair compensation.
Workers’ Compensation Laws and Rights in San Bernardino
Working in an Amazon warehouse can be demanding and fast-paced, making it a high-risk environment for workplace injuries. California law requires Amazon to carry adequate workers’ compensation insurance for its employees and contractors.
All workers in the San Bernardino Amazon warehouse enjoy coverage through the company’s insurance plan. Injured workers can file for damage recovery from Amazon’s workers’ compensation insurer after any work-related injury or illness. It is within every worker’s right to pursue financial benefits after an occupational accident at Amazon.
What Are Some Workplace Injuries That May Occur?
Amazon.com has been at the center of thousands of workers’ compensation lawsuits over the last several years. The e-commerce mogul employs hundreds of thousands of people throughout the globe, making workers’ comp claims a routine matter. Many of these injured employees perform their day-to-day duties in Amazon warehouses, also known as fulfillment centers.
These environments are fast-paced and high-pressure, where employees are required to work quickly and efficiently to meet the demands of the company’s vast delivery network. Due to the nature of this work, Amazon warehouse employees are at risk of experiencing a variety of injuries, including:
- Overexertion and repetitive motion injuries: Repetitive lifting, bending, and carrying heavy items can lead to overexertion injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, carpal tunnel syndrome, and herniated discs. These injuries can cause significant pain and may require extended periods of rest and rehabilitation.
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents: Slippery floors, uneven surfaces, and cluttered work areas can cause Amazon warehouse employees to slip, trip, or fall, resulting in injuries like fractures, sprains, and head trauma.
- Forklift accidents: Forklifts are commonly used in warehouses to move heavy items, but improper use or inadequate training can lead to accidents, causing injuries or even fatalities.
- Struck-by object injuries: Falling or flying objects, such as packages, equipment, or merchandise, can cause serious injuries, including concussions, fractures, or lacerations.
- Hazardous substances: Some warehouse workers may be exposed to hazardous substances, such as chemicals or cleaning agents, which can cause burns, respiratory issues, or other health problems.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): These injuries range from mild to severe and can result in a wide range of symptoms that can persist long-term. Blunt force trauma, falls, and struck-by injuries are just some of the ways that brain injuries are caused in Amazon fulfillment centers.
Many of these injuries can result from routine workplace activities, such as lifting boxes, loading delivery vehicles, and stocking shelves. Falls from ladders, out-of-delivery trucks, and slippery warehouse floors are other common forms of injury.
If you’ve suffered an injury while working at an Amazon warehouse, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Then, you should retain legal assistance to ensure you receive the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve. Our San Bernardino workers’ compensation attorneys can help you navigate your claim smoothly and maximize its benefits.
Regardless of what type of injury you suffered while working for Amazon, contact Bentley & More LLP for a free consultation. You could be eligible for compensation.
Amazon’s Workers’ Compensation Policies
Tell your manager you suffered injuries while at work within 30 days of the accident. The sooner you report your injuries, the better. Hiding the injuries or failing to report them goes against Amazon’s policies and could end in losing your right to benefits.
After receiving medical attention, you should receive a workers’ compensation claim form (DWC-1). You must complete this form and return it to your employer, who is then responsible for submitting the claim to the insurance company.
To qualify for workers’ compensation, you must also obey all of Amazon’s employment policies. For example, you might not be eligible for benefits if you showed up to work intoxicated. If so, your employer may argue that your reckless behavior contributed to your injuries. To ensure the best odds of success, follow all the rules while at work and while reporting your workers’ comp claim.
Your lawyer can help you throughout this process, including the documentation of your injuries and treatment and ensuring that your forms are submitted correctly and on time.
What Damages Can I Recover?
The California Department of Workers’ Compensation permits injured employees to recover the costs of:
- Medical care: Workers’ compensation covers all reasonable and necessary medical bills and treatment for your work-related injury or illness, including doctor visits, hospital services, medications, and medical equipment.
- Temporary disability (TD) Benefits: If you’re unable to work due to your injury, you may receive TD benefits, which replace a portion of your lost wages while you recover.
- Permanent disability (PD) benefits: If your injury results in a permanent disability, you may be entitled to PD benefits, which compensate for your loss of future earning capacity.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits (SJDB): Some injuries result in a permanent loss of capacity, meaning you may not be able to return to the same position or type of work which you previously performed. If your employer does not offer alternative or modified work, you may be eligible for a voucher to help pay for retraining or skill enhancement at an approved school.
- Death benefits: In the unfortunate event of work-related death, death benefits can help the surviving family members cover the cost of funeral expenses and other end-of-life costs and provide financial support.
Should you seek additional recovery through a personal injury lawsuit, you might also receive payment for your past and future pain and suffering.
Can an Employer Retaliate if I Seek Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
In California, it is illegal for employers to retaliate against an injured employee who lawfully files a claim for workers’ comp benefits. This law protects employees from adverse actions, including termination and demotion.
By eliciting the help of an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer, you can be assured that your rights will be protected throughout the lifecycle of the claims process. Additionally, your lawyer can help you file an appeal in the event that your claim is denied for any reason.
Do I Need an Amazon Workers’ Comp Lawyer?
Yes. Workers’ compensation claims against Amazon can easily snowball into difficult, complicated claims. Meanwhile, Amazon.com and its insurer will strive to convince you to accept a lowball settlement offer. It can feel like the world is against you as an injured San Bernardino Amazon warehouse employee. Luckily, you can have a professional in your corner – a San Bernardino workers’ compensation lawyer from Bentley & More LLP.
How an Amazon Warehouse Injury Lawyer Can Help Your Claim
If you’re injured on the job as an Amazon employee, it’s crucial to seek legal assistance to ensure you receive the workers’ compensation you deserve to cover your current expenses and help you prepare for the future. Our experienced San Bernardino attorneys can help you navigate the complexities of your claim and maximize your Amazon workers’ comp claim and benefits.
Comprehensive Case Evaluation
Our skilled Amazon warehouse injury lawyers will conduct a thorough review of your case, evaluating every aspect of your injury and circumstances. Our firm relies on connections to outside medical experts and forensics teams that can help us represent your case as accurately as possible. Your lawyer will ensure all necessary information is collected and included as part of a comprehensive strategy to strengthen your workers’ compensation claim.
Guidance through the Claims Process
The workers’ compensation claims process can be confusing and intimidating. Our dedicated lawyers will guide you through each step, can help you understand your policy and its limitations, and ensure you complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
Identifying All Sources of Compensation
In some cases, you may be entitled to additional sources of compensation beyond workers’ compensation benefits. Our attorneys will investigate all potential avenues for recovery, including third-party liability claims, to ensure you receive the full compensation you deserve. Our lawyers are always prepared to take whatever steps are necessary to resolve your claim positively, even if these involve more aggressive legal measures.
Negotiating with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies often try to minimize their payouts or deny legitimate claims. Our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys are all too familiar with the tactics that these companies use to diminish your losses and will not hesitate to negotiate aggressively with insurance companies on your behalf.
Expert Representation in Litigation
If your claim is denied or your benefits are unfairly reduced, our lawyers will not hesitate to pursue your case in court. With a strong track record in workers’ compensation litigation, we have the expertise to represent you effectively and fight for your rights.
Don’t let a workplace injury at an Amazon warehouse go uncompensated. Contact our San Bernardino Amazon Workers’ Compensation Lawyers today for a free consultation, and let us help you secure the benefits you deserve.
Choose Us to Get Representation Against a Large Corporation
Workers’ compensation claims and lawsuits against Amazon.com are major legal matters. It’s not easy to make your voice heard as just one of the millions of Amazon employees. Hiring a San Bernardino injury lawyer is the best way to even the score and optimize your chances of securing fair compensation.
Bentley & More LLP has years of experience litigating against large corporations such as Amazon. We have the resources and passion you need in aggressive workers’ compensation attorneys. Contact our San Bernardino team today online or at (949) 541-6887.