San Bernardino Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, the odds are high that someone else caused or contributed to it. If another person’s negligence or recklessness led to your injuries, you could be eligible for compensation.
Bentley & More LLP has years of experience handling car accident claims throughout California. And even though San Bernardino County has reported an uptick in accidents, luckily, we can help secure compensation from the at-fault party after a collision on a state highway, freeway, neighborhood road, or privately owned parking lot. Contact our personal injury law firm if you or a loved one sustained injuries in a car accident in San Bernardino or elsewhere in the Inland Empire. Our San Bernardino car accident lawyers have the expertise to help you win your case.
If you have been involved in a car accident – you need legal representation from a skilled and experienced San Bernardino car accident injury attorney. To get the advice and representation you need to be successful in your car accident claim, call (949) 870-8300. You may be entitled to compensation for your accident damages and injuries.
San Bernardino Car Accident Resource Center
- Why Choose Bentley & More LLC as Your Personal Injury Attorney
- What Compensation Can I Receive From A San Bernardino Car Accident?
- Common San Bernardino Car Accident Causes
- How To Prove Liability In A San Bernardino Car Accident
- Common San Bernardino Car Accident Injuries
- Why Do You Need a San Bernardino Car Accident Attorney?
- How Much Does A San Bernardino Car Accident Attorney Cost?
Why Choose Bentley & More LLC as Your Personal Injury Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in San Bernardino and need help getting the compensation you deserve, you can rely on our team of experienced personal injury attorneys. We understand how overwhelming it can be to deal with the aftermath of an accident, especially when you’re facing medical bills and lost income.
- At our law firm, we have a dedicated team of lawyers who are ready to fight for your rights. We have access to a wide range of resources, including expert witnesses and medical professionals, that we can use to fully evaluate your injuries and losses. Our attorneys have decades of experience representing personal injury clients in San Bernardino and throughout Southern California.
- We’re committed to helping you get the best possible outcome for your case. While we always strive to resolve conflicts out of court, we’re not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary.
- Our lawyers handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis; you won’t have to worry about paying any upfront or out-of-pocket costs. We only collect legal fees after we secure the compensation you deserve.
If you need a trusted and experienced personal injury lawyer in San Bernardino, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We’re here to help you get the justice you deserve.
Damages You Can Recover in a San Bernardino Car Accident
If you’ve suffered serious losses after a car accident, don’t despair; it may be possible to regain most, all, or even more than what you lost in the wreck through a personal injury lawsuit. An experienced San Bernardino car accident attorney can help you fight to recover:
- Hospital bills
- Lost income
- Property damage related to the collision
- Pain and suffering damages
- Emotional trauma
- Rehabilitation/therapy expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Legal fees
- Any other expenses allowed by the State of California
If you’ve been injured in a truck collision, let our San Bernardino truck accident lawyers take care of your accident claim and see what it could be worth.
Car Accident Laws in San Bernardino and CA
- Fault laws. California is a “fault” insurance state, meaning both parties involved in a collision must seek recovery through the at-fault driver’s insurance company. California is also a comparative fault state in terms of crash liability, meaning a plaintiff may still recover partial damages even if he or she contributed to the wreck.
- Reporting your accident. You must call and report your crash in San Bernardino if it resulted in personal injuries, death, or more than $750 in property damages. Call 911 for emergency situations or file a vehicle accident report with San Bernardino County within 10 days of the crash.
- Deadline for filing. You have two years from the date of the crash or the date you discover your injuries to bring your lawsuit in California. Property damage-only claims have three-year statutes of limitations to file. Missing your deadline generally means losing your right to file.
The Most Common Types of San Bernardino Car Accidents
San Bernardino is a bustling city with many highways, freeways, and local streets. It’s serviced by both the I-10 and I-215, as well as many state routes. These arterial highways and freeways can become congested and lead to car and motorcycle accidents, especially during rush hour. The most common types of accidents in San Bernardino, according to the California Office of Traffic Safety, (OTS) include:
Driver error is the number one cause of car accidents, so it should come as no surprise that speeding leads to a lot of car accidents in San Bernardino. California OTS reports 284 injuries and fatalities related to speeding in 2015.
Drinking and Driving
There were 201 alcohol-related car crashes resulting in injuries and fatalities in 2015. Only 13 of these involved drivers who were under the age of 21, and 68 were between the ages of 21 and 34. Unfortunately, drinking and driving accidents are common in San Bernardino.
Many serious and injury-causing accidents in San Bernardino occur at night. Drivers can significantly reduce their risk of injury by avoiding driving during those hours whenever possible.
Severe accidents in San Bernardino County are most likely to occur from distracted driving, drunk driving, or speeding. A combination of these factors can lead to catastrophe, leaving accident victims with medical bills, lost wages, and more. Fortunately, a personal injury claim can help compensate for the damages a family suffers at the hands of a negligent driver.
Understanding Liability in San Bernardino Car Accidents
Under California’s tort liability system, victims of car crashes may file claims against at-fault drivers and collect compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses associated with the crash. Determining liability in a car accident requires an investigation and examination of the circumstances surrounding an accident. A police officer or insurance company may assign liability in a car accident based on several factors, including:
- Violation of California law. The California Vehicle Code outlines several rules that all motorists must follow to ensure the safety of others. Examples of these rules include speed limits, yielding to the right of way, distracted driving, and driving under the influence. If another driver violates any of the statutes listed in the California Vehicle Code, he or she may be civilly or criminally liable for any damages that result, depending on the severity of the offense.
- Forensic evidence. Your insurance company or a police officer may look at several pieces of evidence, including skid marks, to determine what happened in a car accident. Using this information, an insurance company may assign fault and determine liability in a crash.
- Eyewitness accounts. Additionally, police officers will speak to the eyewitnesses of a crash and determine who was responsible for the damage.
In some serious injury cases, one or several motorists may share fault for an accident. For example, a driver may get into an accident with a texting driver, but he or she may have neglected to yield. In this case, both drivers will likely share liability for the damage, though one might be at majority fault. This goes by the name of the rule of comparative negligence, and it may affect a driver’s claim amount.
Types of Injuries in Motor Vehicle Accidents
Bentley & More LLP has handled a wide spectrum of personal injury claims in our years of service. Auto accidents are especially dangerous, causing serious injuries that range from cuts and scrapes to brain and spinal cord injuries and brain injuries. Common car accident injuries our clients come to us with include:
- Broken bones Lacerations
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash
- Emotional losses
- And more
Wrongful Death in San Bernardino Car Accident Cases
When a car accident victim sustains fatal injuries, grieving families are often left wondering how to pick up the pieces and manage the expenses and legal burdens associated with the loss. Surviving family members and spouses may be able to file a wrongful death claim for compensation that can help them through this difficult time.
Our lawyers are competent at handling wrongful death lawsuits in San Bernardino and will compassionately help you and your loved ones navigate this process to achieve the best positive outcome.
Why Do You Need a San Bernardino Car Accident Attorney?
A San Bernardino car accident lawyer can remove the enormous burden of legal matters from your shoulders after a harmful car accident. Your attorney can help you navigate your car accident claim while ensuring that you are empowered and aware of your rights and responsibilities.
He or she can also make sure you bring your accident injury claim with the right courts against the right party. Most importantly, a San Bernardino car accident lawyer can protect your family’s future by fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Help For Car Accident Victims Without Any Up-Front Costs
There is no doubt that legal battles, including personal injury lawsuits, can become expensive. At Bentley & More LLP in San Bernardino, we understand this and work our hardest to keep your out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum.
- To see this mission through, we offer clients a free initial consultation with one of our award-winning lawyers. During your consultation, a member of our team will sit down with you and discuss the details of your auto accident and determine whether or not you have a case. We will also answer any questions you may have about the laws pertaining to your case or the legal process.
- In addition to a free consultation, our firm operates on a contingency fee basis – we don’t charge attorney’s fees unless we win your case. Our lawyers will not get paid until you do, and we are in our team’s ability to secure full and fair compensation.
- Finally, we employ our entire staff to work on your car accident injury case – this allows us to work efficiently and bill you for fewer hours than many other firms. Fewer hours billed to you means more money in your pocket.
Contact a San Bernardino Car Accident Attorney Today
Hiring a San Bernardino injury lawyer after your car accident is the best way to increase your chances of securing compensation for your car accident injuries. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, contact the San Bernardino car accident lawyers at Bentley & More LLP. Our years of experience have made our Southern California law firm a leading choice among car accident victims through Inland Empire.
Bentley & More LLP is more than capable of skillfully handling your claim. Contact us today to discover how our skilled personal injury lawyers might be able to help you. You may also call (949) 870-3800 to schedule your free case evaluation with a member of our team.