San Bernardino Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another individual or entity, then you are undoubtedly going through an incredibly challenging time. You may be able to recover closure and compensation for your loss, and Bentley & More, LLP is ready to help. Our San Bernardino wrongful death attorneys have the resources necessary to investigate every aspect of your claim. We will take on the aggressive insurance carriers involved in your case, and our team will go to trial if necessary to ensure you and your family are treated fairly.
Who Choose Bentley & More, LLP for Your Claim?
- The San Bernardino accident attorneys at Bentley & More, LLP provide aggressive representation to individuals throughout San Bernardino, and we have experience helping families who have lost a loved one due to the negligence of others.
- We have recovered significant settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of injury victims and families, and we have the resources necessary to see your case all the way through to the end.
- Our team handles San Bernardino wrongful death claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients will pay no legal fees until after we successfully recover the compensation they need.
How Will a San Bernardino Attorney Help a Wrongful Death Case?
Wrongful death claims become complicated, particularly for those who should be focused on grieving the loss of their loved one. An attorney can step in and handle every aspect of the claim on behalf of family members and estates. The role of a lawyer in these cases will be to:
- Fully investigate every aspect of the claim and gather the evidence needed to prove liability.
- Engage in conversations with trusted economic and financial experts who can adequately calculate total expected losses.
- Handle all negotiations with insurance carriers and legal teams involved in an effort to reach a fair settlement for their client.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in San Bernardino?
According to state law, only certain individuals (or their personal representatives) are allowed to file wrongful death lawsuits in San Bernardino (California Code of Civil Procedure 377.60). This includes the deceased’s:
- Domestic partner
- Grandchildren (if the deceased’s children are also deceased)
- Any person who would have been entitled to the deceased’s property through intestate succession
Additionally, any person who can show that they were financially dependent upon the deceased may also be able to file a claim. This can include:
- A putative spouse may be able to file a lawsuit if this person is found by the court to have believed in good faith that their marriage to the decedent was valid
- Children of a putative spouse
- Parents of the deceased
- Guardians of the deceased
Contact a San Bernardino Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
If you have lost somebody that you love as a result of the actions of another party in San Bernardino, reach out to a San Bernardino injury attorney immediately. At Bentley & More, LLP, our team is ready to step in and handle this claim on your behalf. We will fully investigate the situation, gather the evidence to prove liability, and take your case to court. When you need a San Bernardino wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (949) 264-0226.