San Bernardino Sexual Abuse Lawyer
Sexual abuse and assault is a crime, and the perpetrators of these crimes should face criminal charges, jail time, and fines. However, victims of sexual abuse should also be compensated for their losses through a civil action. At Bentley & More LLP, our San Bernardino sexual abuse attorneys are ready to help if you or a loved are the victim of sexual abuse. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why is Bentley & More, LLP your choice for this case?
Victims of sexual abuse and their family members need assistance from an injury attorney they can trust both personally and professionally. The skilled Southern California legal team at Bentley & More, LLP is here to help.
- We specialize in working closely with clients to deeply understand their lives, their individual stories, and their goals.
- Our fierce litigators have extensive experience advocating for clients who have been sexually abused.
- We take all San Bernardino sexual abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you face no upfront or out-of-pocket costs for your case. You will only pay legal fees after we obtain the compensation you need.
What will a San Bernardino sexual assault lawyer do to help?
A San Bernardino sexual abuse attorney will have the resources and experience necessary to:
- obtain all evidence related to the sexual abuse, including any surveillance, eyewitness statements, and records indicating a cover-up of the abuse.
- ensure that sexual abuse victims receive the proper medical care and counseling they need.
- negotiate a fair settlement for the victim of the sexual abuse.
Sexual abuse is devastating for victims
Sexual abuse can leave victims not only with physical injuries but also with emotional and psychological trauma that lasts long after the abuse stops. According to RAINN, someone in this country is sexually assaulted every 73 seconds. In the US, nearly one out of every six women has been the victim of attempted or completed rape in their lifetime. Approximately 3% of men have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.
The majority of sexual abuse victims are children. Statistics show that nearly 10% of children will be sexually abused before they reach the age of 18. In nearly 90% of these cases, the child knows the perpetrator of their abuse.
While the individual perpetrators of sexual abuse may not have the financial resources to properly compensate their victims, we are often able to pursue compensation through other avenues. This can include companies or agencies that the perpetrator worked for at the time of the abuse. In many cases, supervisors or other individuals actively seek to cover up the abuse. These people should also be held accountable.
What compensation is available for sexual abuse cases in California?
If you or somebody you love has been the victim of sexual abuse, do not hesitate to seek assistance from a skilled San Bernardino personal injury lawyer to help you secure compensation for what happened. At Bentley & More, LLP, we have a proud history of standing up for those who have been sexually abused. Our compassionate and experienced legal team will investigate your case and work to secure the following:
- Pain and suffering damages
- Compensation for any necessary counseling
- Any lost wages you have sustained
We will not hesitate to seek punitive damages against the perpetrator of your abuse as well as any individuals, agencies, or businesses who attempted to cover up their abuse. When you need a San Bernardino sexual abuse attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (949) 870-3800.