Irvine Airplane Accident Attorney
Americans make thousands of flights every day to destinations all over the world for business and pleasure. Anyone who has flown has likely imagined the possibility of a plane crash, but the chances of experiencing such an event are statistically quite low. Survivors are very uncommon in commercial airliner flights, though private planes crash more frequently. Smaller crashes rarely make headlines, however, so many Americans are unaware of how often these accidents happen. When people survive such crashes, they need to know where to turn for legal assistance.
Why Choose An Irvine Airplane Accident Attorney From Bentley & More?
At Bentley & More, LLP, our Irvine plane accident attorneys take the time to learn the details of every client’s situation so we can provide the best legal representation possible. Aviation accidents, even small ones, often raise questions of liability and involve extensive damages. People who have suffered injuries and property losses in airplane crashes need competent legal counsel to navigate their claims. If you or a loved one have survived a plane crash, contact our plane accident attorneys serving Anaheim, Santa Ana, and Irvine. We offer a FREE initial consultation for clients to go over their cases and see how we can help get the maximum compensation.
Liability in Aviation Accidents
Airlines and aviation services that provide air travel as a paid service fall under common carrier law. Common carriers are responsible for the welfare of their passengers and incur liability for the negligence of their employees. The National Transportation Safety Board investigates all civil aircraft accidents, and the Federal Aviation Administration sets safety standards for aviation services, pilot conduct, flight operations, and aircraft manufacturing. If a pilot or aviation company fails to adhere to required regulations and safety standards, they incur liability for any passenger injuries or damages that result. Airplane crashes are violent and seriously damaging, so their losses are likely to be extensive.
Claims against commercial airlines fall under common carrier law. If faulty machinery causes an accident, the product’s manufacturer may incur liability under product liability law. When accidents happen due to pilot error, they are largely standard negligence claims. Some aviation accidents may involve several aspects of law and multiple defendants, and plaintiffs will require competent legal assistance to navigate these claims.
The airplane accident attorneys at Bentley & More LLP represent all types of aviation accident victims including:
- Airline passengers
- Airline pilots
- Airline or airport employees
- Airline attendants
- Surviving family members pursuing a wrongful death claim
- Commercial and private airline pilots
- Victims of faulty airplane maintenance
- and many more
Seeking Damages for Orange County Victims of Aviation Accidents
Like any other civil action, the plaintiffs will need to prove the defendant’s negligence to succeed in their claim. If an injured aviation passenger suffers extensive injuries, he or she may be unable to represent his or her own interests in a claim. A close relative may need to handle the legal end of things while the individual recovers. Regardless of the situation, plaintiffs in aviation accident cases can seek various types of compensation, including:
- Medical expenses. An airplane accident is likely to cause extreme and life-threatening wounds. Plaintiffs can sue for their hospital bills, emergency transportation costs, and any other costs related to necessary treatments and ongoing rehabilitative care.
- Lost income. An airplane crash may render a victim unable to work for quite a long time or may prevent him or her form returning to work at all. The plaintiff can sue for the wages he or she would have reasonably expected to earn in that time.
- Pain and suffering. Plaintiffs can sue for the physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional distress caused by an accident. A plane crash is a terrifying experience that can lead to medical conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder, requiring intensive care over many years. Plaintiffs who suffer serious wounds may require amputations and lose the ability to walk or perform basic daily functions. The jury will consider this evidence and expert witness testimony and award an appropriate figure in pain and suffering damages, which is usually substantially more than the plaintiff’s claimed medical expenses.
- Property damage. Plaintiffs can sue for personal property lost, damaged, or destroyed in an aviation accident.
Contact An Orange County Airplane Accident Lawyer Today
Anyone injured in an aviation accident needs competent legal representation to handle the likely complicated legal battle to follow. At Bentley & More, LLP, our Orange County aviation accident attorneys are confident in their ability to handle even the most complex litigation. If you or a loved one has recently suffered injuries or losses in an aviation accident, contact Bentley & More, LLP to schedule a consultation.