We’re Hiring: Experienced Trial Lawyer
The Southern California personal injury attorneys at Bentley & More LLP have extensive experience handling complex litigation in a wide range of practice areas including product liability, workers’ compensation, car accidents, and serious injury. We have the resources and experience to handle even the most complex civil actions and injury claims. We have helped secure millions of dollars in case awards and settlements for our clients.
We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated trial lawyer to join our team. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in litigation, demonstrating expertise in civil trials and court proceedings. As a self starter, you will be responsible for managing complex cases and providing strategic legal counsel. Starting salary is negotiable based upon experience and will range from $125,000 to $150,000 plus bonuses.
Join us in a challenging yet rewarding environment, where your experience will make a significant impact in our client’s lives.
Come help us Tell Their Story!
7-15 Years Litigation Experience
An Associate Attorney/Trial Lawyer prepares, reviews, and files legal complaints, discovery, and other pleadings and legal documents, offers competent legal advice, and represents his/her client in court. Their primary purpose is to seek justice and obtain compensation for their injured client. Frequently, a Trial Lawyer will settle out of court on behalf of their client. However, if an agreement cannot be reached between the plaintiff and the defendant, the case must be settled in court, with the Trial Lawyer leading or assisting in all aspects of trial preparation and prosecution.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage all phases of the litigation, from the initial investigation, client retention, pleadings, and discovery through the pre-trial, trial preparation, trial, settlement, and appeal processes.
- Provide legal support and guidance, both to clients and other members of the Firm.
- Communicate with clients to understand their legal concerns and needs to help provide them with essential legal counsel.
- Strategize on how to resolve the clients’ case in a favorable and cost-effective manner.
- Develop ideal arguments in representing clients in civil proceedings.
- Prepare legal documents such as pleadings, depositions, discovery, etc. in a timely/accurate manner.
- Prepare for, participate in, and manage depositions.
- Manage varied pre-trial tasks, such as consult with and advise clients, retain expert witnesses, attend pre-trial conferences, and develop trial strategies based on the facts and evidence.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with clients to better understand and empathize with their story.
- Follow the guidance and instructions of more senior Firm members on optimal strategy, actions, and procedures to take to most effectively litigate matters.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Attorneys must have a strong code of ethics, a dedication to justice, and a compassion for their clients. They must also be effective advocates for their clients.
- They must possess strong research and analytical skills as well to adequately gather and examine data in support of their client’s case.
- Knowledge of attorney-client relationships applicable to the performance of major duties and responsibilities of the position. This includes a commitment to all aspects of professional responsibility, including duties of candor and client confidentiality.
- They must possess stellar communication skills, in the forms of both oratory and legal writing.
- Problem identification, analysis, and evaluation.
- Business math for completing non-technical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Familiarity with and ability to handle computerized information and database record keeping systems.
- Computer information systems, including personal computer applications, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Westlaw (preferred) or other computerized legal research system(s).
Essential Elements / Ability To:
- Possess visual capability and digital dexterity to operate a computer and other standard office equipment.
- Make fine visual distinctions upon proofreading written documents and viewing information on a computer screen.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing.
- Digital dexterity to assemble, retrieve and replace files.
- Communicate by telephone.
- Endure prolonged periods of sitting.
- Speak clearly and articulate messages.
- Collaborate with other Firm members and co-counsel on matters.
- Travel by automobile or commercial passenger plane as required.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent work experience in a field that develops the skills required for the functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Juris Doctor degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Strong work ethic and ability to independently complete tasks.