If you get into an accident that someone else caused through negligence, you suffered a personal injury. These accidents can cause serious damage to your physical and emotional health, as well as your financials. To claim compensation for your injuries, you need an Orange County personal injury attorney on your side to guide you through the complex insurance claim and lawsuit processes.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for You?
The aftermath of an accident that causes injury to you can be disorienting and painful. During this time, you want to focus on your rest and recovery – however, your mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other damages indicate that you need to file an insurance claim or lawsuit. However, navigating these legal processes can be complex and difficult to understand without training. Filing a personal injury claim is not something you want to worry about during recovery.
This is where an Irvine personal injury lawyer comes in. Your attorney will know how to file your claim and will be familiar with all the processes, negotiations, and paperwork that comes with it. You speak to your injury attorney about what happened to you, and he or she will handle the investigation and filing process on your behalf.
The Benefits of a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Your attorney will know how to document and calculate all of your damages so you can negotiate for maximum compensation in your lawsuit or insurance claim. He or she will collect the records and present the evidence to the insurance company or court to support your claim.
- Your personal injury claim can take a longer amount of time if you do not hire an attorney to represent you due to errors in paperwork. Your personal lawyer will complete and file all documents on your behalf to avoid these unnecessary hiccups.
- Since insurance companies have to pay you, they will likely offer you a lower settlement amount than you need to recover. Your attorney will know how to identify if the company is lowballing you and will have the skills to enter into negotiations on your behalf.
- Your injury lawyer will have access to a wide array of resources to investigate your claim. Your attorney will do everything in his or her power to collect crucial pieces of evidence you may not have access to, interview witnesses of your accident, and request experts to provide testimony.
Signs You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you suffer an injury due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you need a personal injury lawyer to assist you with your claim. However, you should seriously consider hiring an Riverside injury attorney if any of the following circumstances apply to your case.
- If it is not clear who was at-fault for your accident or if your case involves multiple at-fault parties. You will have to establish negligence in order to win your claim, and in complex cases, this can be very difficult to do without legal training. Your attorney can investigate your claim and establish negligence on your behalf.
- If you suffered severe or disabling injuries. These types of injuries usually come with high amounts of damages you can claim, but calculating these damages can be a challenge. Your attorney will know how to take inventory of your damages so you do not miss any potential compensation avenues.
- If the insurance company refuses to pay you. You will need to negotiate with the company to secure a higher settlement, and doing so requires strong negotiating skills. An attorney can add additional power to your insurance claim and persuade the company to pay.
Personal injury lawyers can provide many benefits to your insurance claim or lawsuit. When you are recovering from your injuries, learning these complicated legal processes would add additional stress onto you. Entrust a personal injury attorney to guide you through the process and advocate on your behalf for maximum possible compensation.