Riverside Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Pedestrian accidents can occur just about anywhere that vehicles are present. Some of the most common intersections where pedestrian accidents happen include Bridge Street and Gilman Springs Road in Moreno Valley. Another dangerous intersection is at Magnolia Avenue and Tyler Street in Riverside.
When pedestrians fall to the ground in an accident, they do not benefit from a thick metal covering or seatbelts and airbags, as drivers and passengers in vehicles do. Instead, pedestrians face direct exposure to their surrounding environment, including the ground. When a pedestrian falls and strikes concrete or gravel, they may suffer severe injuries that require ongoing—and lengthy—medical care. They may also incur permanent injuries that cause pain and suffering for the rest of their lives.
If you or someone you love recently sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident, you need a knowledgeable team of lawyers advocating for you every step of the way.
The experienced Riverside pedestrian accident attorneys at Bentley & More LLP understand the severe nature of pedestrian accident injuries. Our compassionate legal team can work with you to pursue the total monetary recovery you deserve from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
We can aggressively negotiate a fair settlement that makes you whole again after your accident. Moreover, if the insurance company refuses to offer you the monetary damages you need, we can file a lawsuit in court and litigate your case to an efficient resolution.
Our legal team has a strong track record of successfully settling and litigating pedestrian accident cases throughout California. Our team primarily represents pedestrian accident victims who sustain catastrophic injuries, and attorneys with those cases regularly refer them to us, because they know we have the skill and resources to take them on.
For a free case evaluation and legal consultation with a Riverside pedestrian accident lawyer, please call us or contact us online for more information.
Where do Riverside Pedestrian Accidents Frequently Occur?
Wherever one or more motor vehicles and pedestrians are present, the chance of an accident exists. Although most pedestrians use crosswalks and follow pedestrian control devices at intersections, that does not always prevent pedestrian accidents
from occurring. This is because many people drive carelessly and recklessly.
Some of the most common locations for pedestrian accidents in the Riverside area include:
- Traffic intersections
- Near sidewalks
- In parking lots and parking garages
If you or someone you care about suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident in one of these locations, you should seek the legal help you need as quickly as possible.
The experienced Riverside pedestrian accident attorneys at Bentley & More LLP can review your pedestrian accident circumstances with you, draft a demand letter, and file a personal injury claim with a responsible driver’s insurance company. We can then set to work negotiating favorable settlement compensation for you.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries
When a forceful collision occurs between a motor vehicle and a pedestrian, the pedestrian will likely fall to the ground and suffer catastrophic and sometimes fatal injuries. The injuries that a pedestrian suffers in an accident will usually depend upon the force f the collision, how the accident victim falls to the ground, and the affected body part(s). The location where the pedestrian accident occurs and the traffic volume in that location may also affect the nature and extent of a pedestrian accident victim’s injuries.
Some common injuries that pedestrian accident victims suffer include:
- Rib fractures
- Bone fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic head injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Road rash injuries
If you become involved in a pedestrian accident, you should seek immediate medical treatment as quickly as possible. The main reason for pursuing this treatment right away is to ensure that your injuries do not become worse. Right after your accident, your top priority should be getting the treatment you need to recover from your injuries as quickly as possible.
The experienced Riverside pedestrian accident attorneys at Bentley & More LLP are ready and willing to handle the legal components of your case while you focus on getting better. Our legal team can speak to witnesses, obtain a copy of any police reports, and gather your lost income documentation, medical records, and medical bills from various sources. After you finish receiving treatment for your injuries, we can then start the claims-filing process for you.
Who is Responsible for my Pedestrian Accident?
In most cases, pedestrian accidents result from driver negligence. In general, a negligent driver deviates from the prevailing standard of care and operates their vehicle in an unreasonable manner at a particular time.
Some of the most common types of driver negligence that cause pedestrian accidents include:
- Speeding. A driver who consistently breaks the speed limit, especially in areas with pedestrians, is likely to cause accidents. When a driver speeds, they may quickly lose control of their vehicle, preventing them from stopping in time to avoid hitting a pedestrian. Speeding vehicles are particularly problematic in parking lots and parking garages where visibility may decrease.
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians. When a pedestrian is lawfully present in a crosswalk at a traffic intersection, drivers must yield the right-of-way to them. Drivers also have a duty to use common sense at all times—especially in areas where pedestrians tend to be present. When a driver negligently hits a pedestrian, usually because they are in a hurry, the driver and their insurance company may be responsible for the accident and any resulting injuries.
- Drunk driving. Drivers have a duty to drive safely and carefully at all times. Part of this duty of care requires that drivers refrain from operating their vehicles while they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Alcohol may impair a driver’s vision, preventing them from seeing a pedestrian on the sidewalk or at a nearby traffic intersection. Moreover, alcohol may delay a driver’s reaction time and impair their reflexes—to such an extent that the driver may be unable to stop before hitting a pedestrian. Passenger vehicle drivers are legally intoxicated if their blood alcohol concentration (BAC) reaches 0.08 percent or more. If a drunk driver obtains a DUI conviction—and they cause a pedestrian accident that leads to injuries—they may be responsible for both civil and criminal penalties.
- Aggressive driving. Some pedestrian accidents happen when people drive aggressively in parking lots and parking garages or near a traffic intersection. When drivers attempt to weave in and out of heavy traffic, fail to use turn signals, or switch lanes near an intersection, they may be in such a hurry that they do not notice a pedestrian in the vicinity.
- Failing to use mirrors. Other pedestrian accidents happen when drivers do not use their rearview and side view mirrors—especially when backing out of a parking space at a parking lot or in a parking garage. When drivers fail to look behind them, they may not see a pedestrian and negligently cause an unnecessary collision.
- Distracted driving. A distracted driver ignores their surroundings. Drivers have a duty to watch the road at all times. If they are in an area with many pedestrians, they are responsible for watching out for pedestrians in the vicinity. Electronic devices, loud music, and other vehicle passengers can sometimes distract a driver from watching the road. When a driver fails to pay attention, they may not see a nearby pedestrian and cause a severe crash.
The experienced Riverside pedestrian accident attorneys at Bentley & More LLP can help you file a personal injury claim or lawsuit with the at-fault driver’s insurance company in any of these accident scenarios. We can then help you maximize your compensation by aggressively negotiating with insurance company adjusters and, if necessary, threatening the insurance company with personal injury litigation in the court system.
What if I Receive a Low Settlement Offer?
Recovering monetary damages in a pedestrian accident case—or any personal injury case, for that matter—is often an uphill battle. In most instances, you or your lawyer will deal with the responsible driver’s insurance company. Insurance companies are not in the business of paying out large financial settlements, arbitration awards, or jury verdicts.
Instead, their main priority is to try and save themselves as much money as possible by undermining an accident victim’s claim.
Therefore, many insurance adjusters will resort to poking holes in an accident victim’s case, such as by:
- Denying fault for the accident
- Trying to shift some or all of the blame onto the injured person
- Alleging that the injured person suffered from pre-existing injuries or medical conditions
Since the insurance company is not on your side, it is even more vital that you have skilled legal counsel representing you throughout your pedestrian accident case.
The experienced Riverside pedestrian accident attorneys at Bentley & More LLP will be your advocates during every stage of your claim or lawsuit. We can negotiate with insurance company representatives multiple times, if necessary, and work to maximize your monetary recovery. We can do this by introducing appropriate documentation, such as medical records and bills, along with witness statements and expert reports.
We can also highlight the strengths of your claim in an attempt to convince the adjuster to offer you maximum monetary compensation. If that does not happen, you have the option to file a lawsuit and take your case to a civil jury trial or binding arbitration proceeding.
Monetary Damages for Riverside Pedestrian Accident Victims
Pedestrian accident victims often suffer severe injuries, which may lead to mounting medical costs and significant lost income. Moreover, if an accident victim suffers a permanent injury, they are likely to experience pain, suffering, and inconvenience for the rest of their life.
While every pedestrian accident case is different, accident victims may recover compensation for:
- All related medical expenses
- Anticipated medical costs, such as for future surgery or other medical procedure
- Loss of earning capacity
- Lost income
- Mental distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of the ability to use a body part
- Permanent disfigurement or impairment
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of spousal consortium
When you allow the experienced Riverside pedestrian accident attorneys at Bentley & More LLP to handle your case, you can rest assured that we will leave no stone unturned when it comes to maximizing your monetary damages. We can help you determine which of these damages you can likely recover as part of your personal injury claim or lawsuit. We can then set to work on settling or litigating your case effectively and efficiently.
Contact a Knowledgeable Riverside Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a Riverside pedestrian accident, you should have a lawyer in your corner from the very beginning of your case onward. Failing to seek prompt legal representation in your case may jeopardize your right to recover monetary damages.
In California, pedestrian accident victims must file a personal injury lawsuit within just two years of their accident, and sometimes less. Failing to take the appropriate legal action, absent rare circumstances, will prevent you from recovering any monetary damages for your losses. Reach out to a Riverside personal injury lawyer.
At Bentley & More LLP, our legal team can file a prompt lawsuit on your behalf if the statute of limitations is running short. We can also assist you with every step of the settlement or litigation process, answer all of your legal questions, and help you make informed decisions throughout your case. Our team has the experience and skills necessary to help you maximize your results, whether through settlement or litigation.
For a free case evaluation and legal consultation with an experienced Riverside pedestrian accident lawyer, please call us at (949) 617-0938 or contact us online for more information. You want a strong and dedicated legal team handling your pedestrian accident claim.
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with Bentley & More for the past 5-6 years. Their drive and compassion to earn great results for their clients is obvious to everyone who works with them.
I’m grateful for the opportunity to partner with the firm to help serve their clients.” – Nicole S. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews.
Bentley & More LLP – Riverside Office
Phone: (949) 617-0938