Riverside Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicyclists, whether they ride for recreational purposes or to get to and from their destinations, face significant risks on the roadway. Any type of bicycle accident involving a heavier motor vehicle can lead to severe injuries.
At Bentley & More LLP, our Riverside injury lawyers are here to help if you need a Riverside bicycle accident lawyer by your side. Our team will investigate every aspect of your claim, handle all negotiations with the other parties involved, and work to secure the compensation you need and deserve.
Why Choose Bentley & More LLP
- At Bentley & More LLP, our accident attorneys in Riverside have dedicated litigators with decades of experience advocating for personal injury victims throughout California.
- We understand what it means to listen to a client’s story and craft a case to put forth to the insurance carriers or a personal injury jury.
- We handle bike accident claims in Riverside on a contingency fee basis, which means clients will pay no legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need.
Bicycle Accidents in Riverside, California
Riverside, California, is an attractive destination for bicyclists due to its pleasant climate, picturesque landscapes, and a growing network of bike lanes and trails. The city has been working towards becoming more bicycle-friendly by investing in infrastructure and promoting cycling as a healthy, environmentally friendly mode of transportation.
Despite these efforts, Riverside bicycle accidents remain common. During a five-year period, over 2,300 bicycle riders were injured in Riverside County, and over 370 accidents resulted in fatalities. The unfortunate reality is that cyclists face risks every day, and negligent drivers continue to pose one of the greatest threats to their safety. Our Riverside bicycle accident lawyers are committed to bringing justice wherever possible and helping accident victims seek the best possible outcomes for their circumstances.
How a Riverside Bicycle Accident Attorney Can Help Your Claim
Bicycle accident claims can become complicated, particularly when it comes to determining liability. It is not uncommon for drivers and their insurance carriers to put up a fight against having to pay compensation. This could mean trying to blame you, the bicyclist, for your own injuries. This is especially the case if your accident involved a truck. In that case, call our truck accident attorneys in Riverside today.
When you have a lawyer by your side, you will have someone who can:
- Fully investigate every aspect of the claim
- Gather the evidence needed to prove liability
- Ensure medical and economic professionals evaluate you
- Negotiate with the insurance carriers
- Prepare your claim for trial
Causes of Riverside Bicycle Accidents
Bike accidents can have a variety of causes and may include various elements of negligence. However, the most common reasons tend to involve motorists who fail to drive with caution or otherwise disregard the safety of others. Some of the most common reasons that bicycle accidents happen include:
- Distracted or aggressive drivers: Drivers who are distracted by their phones or exhibit aggressive behavior pose a significant threat to bicyclists. A negligent driver may fail to notice cyclists or give them enough space on the road, leading to collisions and accidents.
- Poor road conditions: Potholes, debris, and uneven surfaces are common hazards for bicyclists in Riverside. These obstacles can cause cyclists to lose control or suffer damage to their bikes, increasing the risk of accidents and injuries. In some cases, a hazard or obstacle may be a source of liability in a cycling accident if the responsible party failed to warn others or remediate the dangerous condition.
- Intersections and turns: Accidents often occur at intersections, as drivers may not be expecting to encounter bicyclists. Motorists must yield to bicyclists when appropriate and avoid maneuvers that could endanger others in low-visibility conditions.
Liability in a Riverside Bicycle Accident Case
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, there could be potentially multiple liable parties. By gathering information about your injuries, the accident scene, and evidence from sources such as witness testimony or the police report, your lawyer will be able to determine all possible sources of compensation. These might include:
- Motor vehicle drivers
- Other cyclists
- Government or municipal entities
- Construction companies or contractors
- Bicycle manufacturers or retailers
When you work with the qualified bicycle accident attorneys from Bentley & More LLC, you can be confident that we will treat your personal injury claim as our priority. Our experience in handling complex bicycle accident cases has given us the knowledge and the resources to pursue multiple lines of investigation simultaneously in order to best serve your needs.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Injuries sustained in a bicycle crash can vary widely in type and severity. Due to the lack of protection offered by two-wheeled vehicles, injured cyclists often sustain multiple serious injuries.
Some common Riverside bicycle accident injuries include:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Head injuries are among the most serious and potentially life-threatening consequences of bicycle accidents. Even when wearing a helmet, an injured cyclist may still suffer from concussions, skull fractures, or more severe traumatic brain injuries. TBIs can result in long-term cognitive impairments, memory loss, or other neurological issues.
- Facial injuries: Impact with the ground, vehicles, or other objects can lead to facial injuries such as fractures, dental injuries, and lacerations. These injuries may require extensive medical treatment and can leave lasting scars or disfigurement. Dental work, including the replacement of missing teeth, is among the most costly injuries one can sustain, especially if they lack insurance that covers these treatments.
- Broken bones and fractures: The force of a collision can cause bicyclists to suffer broken bones or fractures in various parts of the body, including the arms, legs, ribs, collarbone, and pelvis. Depending on the severity, these injuries may require surgery and a lengthy recovery period.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries are among the most devastating consequences of bicycle accidents, as they can lead to partial or complete paralysis. Damage to the spinal cord may result in loss of sensation, movement, and function in affected areas of the body. Spinal cord injury victims may require multiple surgeries, although there is often no guarantee that full sensation will be restored if paralysis is present.
- Internal injuries: Bicycle accidents can cause damage to internal organs, blood vessels, and other vital structures. Sprains, strains, and tears of ligaments, tendons, and muscles are also common in bicycle accidents. These injuries can be life-threatening and may not be immediately apparent, requiring prompt medical attention and, in some cases, emergency surgery.
- Road rash and abrasions: When a cyclist falls or is dragged along the pavement, they can suffer from road rash, which is a painful skin abrasion that may lead to infection or scarring if not properly treated.
- Psychological trauma: In addition to physical injuries, bicycle accident victims may also suffer from emotional and psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, or depression. These issues can have a profound impact on a person’s overall well-being and quality of life.
Given the potential severity of injuries sustained in bicycle accidents, victims should take care to seek immediate medical attention and consult an experienced bicycle accident attorney as soon as possible. A skilled lawyer will assess the true extent of your damages and assimilate all available information into your bicycle accident claim, ensuring that you receive fair compensation.
Bicycle Accident Fatalities
Bicycle accidents can sometimes result in fatalities, highlighting the importance of prioritizing safety for both bike riders and motorists sharing the road. In Riverside, as in other cities across the United States, bicycle accident fatalities have been a cause for concern. Nationwide, bicycle-related traffic accidents increased by 5% during a recent year, and many worry that this trend will continue to escalate.
In the unfortunate event of a fatal bicycle accident in Riverside, the surviving family members of the deceased cyclist may be able to pursue a wrongful death action with the help of an experienced attorney. This legal action can help provide financial compensation as well as a sense of resolution for the families of victims. This compensation may include funeral expenses, loss of consortium, and emotional suffering caused by the loss of a loved one.
Types of Compensation You Could Receive
There may be various types of compensation available to Riverside bicycle accident victims. At Bentley & More LLP, our team of personal injury attorneys works diligently to recover economic and non-economic losses on behalf of every client we help. This includes compensation for:
- All emergency medical bills
- Any follow-up doctor treatment
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Lost wages if an individual cannot work
- Various out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship in the event of bicycle accident fatalities
In addition to these calculable expenses, our team also understands that bicyclists can suffer from a range of emotional and psychological trauma. We work diligently to recover compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering, as well as loss of quality of life damages.
The total amount of compensation recovered by a Riverside bicycle accident victim will vary depending on the circumstances related to their case. These factors include the severity of any injuries, how long it takes a person to recover, the level of pain and suffering experienced, and whether or not there was any shared fault.
Call a Riverside Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a bicycle accident caused by the actions of another driver, a Riverside injury attorney may be your best path to recovering compensation for your losses.
At Bentley & More LLP, we have extensive experience handling complex personal injury claims throughout California. We know what it takes to help injured bicyclists recover compensation for their losses. When you need a Riverside bicycle accident lawyer, you can reach us online or call us at (949) 264-0226 for a free consultation.