Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A Riverside motorcycle accident attorney can be your greatest ally after a motorcycle accident in the Inland Empire. An experienced Riverside motorcycle accident lawyer can stand in your corner and defend your rights in the face of biases against motorcyclists in the civil justice system. Bentley & More LLP has supported the motorcycle community throughout Riverside County for years. Our personal injury lawyers in Riverside County have what it takes to get the maximum compensation for your motorcycle accident claim. Contact us to learn how our skilled legal team might be able to help you during this difficult time: (949) 870-3800.
Riverside Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents In Riverside
- How Dangerous Are Motorcycle Accidents?
- Motorcycle Accident Laws in Riverside
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
- Who is Liable for Your Motorcycle Accident?
- Damages Available For Riverside Motorcycle Accident Victims
- Motorcycle Safety Tips
- How Long Do You Have To File A Claim?
- How Much Does A Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorney Cost?
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents occur in a wide variety of ways in Riverside and throughout this area of California. The reality is that motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles on the roadway, and it is not uncommon for drivers in regular passenger vehicles to either ignore or not see a motorcyclist on the roadway.
Some of the most common causes of Riverside motorcycle accidents include other drivers:
- Not stopping at stop signs or stop lights
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while distracted by a phone or something else in the vehicle
- Failing to yield the right of way to a motorcyclist
- Improper turns or turning without a signal
- Following a motorcyclist too closely
There are also other factors that can contribute to motorcycle accidents in Riverside. For instance, motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to hazardous roadway conditions. This can include loose gravel on the roadway, roadways that are wet, obstacles in the roadway such as trees or debris from other vehicles, and other major hazards.
When working to establish the cause of a motorcycle accident and to show that another party was negligent, the entire incident will need to be fully investigated. It is important to hold every possible liable party accountable for their actions in order to help a client recover the compensation they are entitled to for the incident.
How Dangerous Are Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle wrecks might not occur more frequently than other vehicle crashes, but they more commonly result in fatalities. Motorcyclists do not have protective metal shells preventing serious and deadly injuries in collisions. Impacts with the road, other vehicles, and objects can cause injuries to motorcycle riders such as:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash and traumatic tattooing
- Contusions and lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Wrongful death
Serious injuries demand serious legal representation. The team of Riverside motorcycle accident lawyers at Bentley & More LLP knows how to fight for fair compensation for even the most catastrophic motorcycle crash injuries. We also understand the types and causes of many motorcycle crashes. The most common types of motorcycle accidents in Riverside include intersection wrecks, rear-end collisions, lane-splitting accidents, left-turn accidents, single-vehicle accidents, and hit-and-runs. Hit-and-run motorcycle accidents are unfortunately rather common in Riverside. Our team of Riverside accident lawyers can help you recover fair compensation even if the police haven’t caught the at-fault driver.
Motorcycle Accident Laws in Riverside and California
All motorcyclists and their passengers must wear helmets in the state of California. Motorcyclists have all the same rights to the roadways as other drivers in the state and must obey the same roadway rules. California law permits lane-splitting, or riding between two lanes in the same direction as traffic, within limits. Motorcyclists must watch their speeds and lane-split as carefully as possible. Since California is a comparative fault state, breaking motorcycle laws could affect how much you’re eligible to receive in a personal injury claim. Riverside does not have any motorcycle-specific statutes that deviate from state laws.
What to Do Immediately After a Motorcycle Crash in Riverside
Our Riverside motorcycle accident attorneys always recommend contacting a law firm as soon as possible after a motorcycle accident. Notifying a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer of your situation can result in reliable advice moving forward, as well as prompt protection of valuable evidence. Our lawyers can immediately get to work on your case, gathering information and documentation such as photographs of the crash and police reports. We can help you with every aspect of recovery, from recommending top doctors for medical treatment to contacting the at-fault driver’s insurance company. It’s never too soon to call our Riverside motorcycle accident attorneys after a crash.
Who Is Liable For My Motorcycle Accident In Riverside?
California is an “at-fault” insurance state. This means the at-fault party will be liable, or legally responsible, for other parties’ damages. The liable party could be a negligent, distracted, or reckless driver. It could also be the government agency in charge of maintaining roadways if a road defect such as a pothole contributed to your crash. The Riverside motorcycle accident attorneys at our law firm have also handled motorcycle collision claims against manufacturers for defective parts such as bad brakes. It will take an investigation of your accident to determine the defendant(s) for your accident injury claim.
If your accident involved a commercial vehicle such as a truck, reach out to our truck accident attorneys in Riverside.
Damages Available For Motorcycle Accident Victims
Motorcycle accident victims in Riverside are often able to recover a significant amount of compensation if another driver or party caused the accident. The attorneys at Bentley & More LLP are dedicated to recovering both “special” and “general” damages on behalf of our clients.
- Special damages. These are sometimes referred to as economic damages, and this revolves around the calculable expenses that motorcycle accident victims incur. We consider these calculable losses because we can gather receipts, bills, and estimates that come in after the incident occurs to help properly calculate them. Some of the most common types of recoverable special damages include:
- Medical bills (including hospital and doctor visits)
- Lost wages if a person is unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy, medications, and medical devices
- Property damage expenses
- Various out-of-pocket expenses arising due to the incident
- General damages. These types of losses are often referred to as noneconomic damages, but they are not as easily calculable as the special damages mentioned above. There are various methods that attorneys will use to help adequately calculate a motorcycle accident victim’s:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Loss of quality of life
It cannot be overstated just how important it is for your attorney to examine every aspect of the motorcycle accident and the aftermath to help adequately calculate how much compensation you should receive.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
Individuals purchase motorcycles to enjoy the ride. These vehicles are quite enjoyable when you and other riders in your group operate the vehicles safely. Some of the best tips that we can give you related to motorcycle safety include:
- Take a safety course. There are plenty of motorcycle safety courses available in the state of California, and many of them help ensure individuals obtain their motorcycle licenses and help lower insurance premiums. These safety courses can help you understand more thoroughly the rules of the roadway for motorcycles.
- Always check the weather before riding. We always encourage motorcyclists to check the weather before they head out for a ride. If you notice any type of inclement weather coming in, it may be best to leave the bike at home and take an enclosed vehicle. If a motorcyclist gets caught in a downpour, it is best to find somewhere to pull over to ride out the storm until it passes.
- Wear the appropriate gear. Motorcyclists are where the appropriate gear when they head out for a ride. This includes a DOT-approved motorcycle helmet, goggles, and riding gloves, along with durable longer pants and a long sleeve shirt or jacket. Additionally, riders should remain as visible as possible, which includes wearing brighter clothing when operating during the evening or nighttime.
- Follow all traffic rules. Motorcyclists must follow all traffic laws when operating their vehicles. This includes not following other vehicles too closely, always using a turn signal, stopping at stop lights and stop signs, and not traveling too fast for conditions.
- Inspect the motorcycle. Motorcyclists should inspect their motorcycles before each ride. This includes checking the tire pressure, fuel level, and oil level. Individuals should also make sure their headlights, tail lights, and turn signals are all working properly.
How Long do You Have to File a Claim?
Motorcycle accident victims in Riverside need to file a lawsuit against the apple party as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in California is two years from the date and incident occurs. This means motorcycle crash victims technically have a two-year window with which to file their claim, but we strongly recommend not waiting that long. Failing to file within that time frame means that individuals will be unable to recover compensation for their losses.
Additionally, motorcycle insurance carriers will have their own deadlines related to these cases. Typically, insurance carriers want a claim to be reported within a day or two after the incident occurs. Failing to file a claim with the insurance carrier promptly could result in a claim delay or even a denial.
How Much Does a Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorney Cost?
Our team is proud to handle motorcycle accident claims in Riverside on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients pay absolutely no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their claim, and they will only pay legal fees after we successfully recover the compensation they need. If we do not win the claim, our clients do not pay any legal fees at all.
Why Choose Bentley & More LLP for your Riverside Motorcycle Accident Case?
Bentley & More LLP has secured millions of dollars for past accident clients throughout California. Our personal injury lawyers in Riverside boast extensive experience, in-depth legal knowledge, and a passion for helping others. We’ll do everything we can to make sure you recover what you need after a serious car accident involving a motorcycle in Riverside. Your future starts with a free initial consultation with one of our lead Riverside motorcycle accident attorneys. Call (949) 870-3800 for a free case evaluation or contact us online and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.