Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are common throughout California, including Riverside, but no one is truly prepared for the impact they have on our lives. Depending on the severity of the crash, you could experience severe physical injuries and lengthy recovery periods. You may have to miss work or you may develop disabilities that could prevent you from working altogether. If you have been injured in an auto accident, our experienced Riverside car accident attorneys can help you get the compensation you need to help in your recovery.
Riverside Car Accident Resources
- Why Choose A Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
- When To Call A Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
- How Much Does A Riverside Accident Attorney Cost?
- What Damages Are Available In A Riverside Accident Claim?
- Riverside Car Accident Laws
- Riverside Accident Statistics
- Car Accident Injuries In Riverside
- What To Do After An Accident In Riverside
Why Choose A Riverside Accident Attorney From Bentley & More?
If you suffer injuries in a car accident, you could be facing significant financial, physical, and emotional damage. For assistance in collecting compensation for your bodily injuries or property damages, trust the car accident lawyers at Bentley & More LLP. Our Riverside car accident lawyers have significant experience litigating multiple areas of personal injury law, especially California car accidents.
- The law offices of Bentley & More LLP operate on a contingency fee basis to limit your out-of-pocket costs. We will take a percentage of your final settlement as payment and if we do not win your injury case, you do not pay legal fees.
- Our Riverside injury attorneys have experience in the courtroom and will fight aggressively to recover your settlement. We will take your case to court if necessary.
- Our law firm tailors our services to the needs of each client. Our experienced car accident attorney will take the time to learn your story to build a compelling accident case in your favor.
When Should You Call A Riverside Accident Attorney?
After you suffer injuries in a car accident, an insurance adjuster may attempt to contact you, offer you a settlement, or ask you to record a statement on the accident. You should not speak to an adjuster until after you contact a car accident attorney. These adjusters can use your words against you to reduce your chances of fair compensation.
How Much Will a Riverside Accident Attorney Cost?
There is a common misconception that attorneys are so expensive they cause clients to go broke. While legal fees can be pricey, causing you to go broke is far from true. At Bentley & More, we operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t charge attorneys fees unless we win your case. That’s right—we don’t get paid until you do.
Other ways we aim to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses are:
- Offering a FREE initial consultation with one of our award-winning attorneys. No commitment, no strings attached. Our team of accident attorneys is waiting to discuss your case with you – free of charge! During your consultation, a member of our team will review your case with you and let you know if you have a case and how we can help maximize your compensation.
- They can also answer any questions you may have about the litigation process or what to expect.Minimizing the hours billed to you. At Bentley & More LLP, we understand that your money is hard-earned and shouldn’t be wasted on excessive legal fees. That’s why we utilize everyone on our staff to handle your case as quickly and efficiently as possible – maximizing the amount of compensation you receive.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Riverside Car Accident Case?
Riverside car accident claims give victims the opportunity to recover monetary awards for their crash-related damages. “Damages” can refer to a variety of losses the wreck caused to the claimant. Car accident victims can seek recovery for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Attorney’s fees
- Rental car costs
- Mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
- Property damages
- And more
Car Accident Laws in Riverside and Southern California
In California, you have the right to file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party in your collision. You have two years from the date of your car accident to file your car accident lawsuit in order for the California civil court to hear it. It is important to contact a Riverside accident lawyer as soon as possible to file your vehicle accident claim within this deadline.
In addition, California follows a comparative negligence rule, which can reduce your compensation amount by your portion of the fault in your accident. For example, say that you are not wearing a seat belt when the at-fault driver runs a red light and hits you. You file a claim for $100,000 in damages. Since wearing a seat belt is mandatory in Riverside and California as a whole, the court can assign you 40% of the liability. You will receive an award of $60,000 instead.
Statistics for Riverside Car Accidents
Unfortunately, car accidents are a common cause of death and injury in the United States, including California and Riverside. According to City Data, Riverside saw the following numbers of fatal car accidents in 2020.
- 36 fatal car accidents
- 38 people were killed in car crashes
- 55 vehicles were involved in fatal car crashes
- 12 fatal car accidents involved driving under the influence
- 9 of those killed were pedestrians
Riverside Population and Traffic Information
Riverside County has a population of 314,998. It’s part of one of the busiest metropolitan areas in the nation and is home to three major highways: the I-215, State Route 60, and State Route 91. High traffic volumes and congestion may play a role in motor vehicle accidents throughout Riverside and the metro area.
Factors Affecting Crashes in Riverside
Car accidents can occur in virtually any situation, but some factors are more likely to lead to injury-causing accidents than others. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) found that the following factors were most likely to play a role in accidents in 2021.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), driver error—including distracted driving, driving under the influence, bad decisions, and fatigue—accounts for most traffic collisions. Statistics in Riverside County seem to echo this point, with 247 fatal and injury-causing accidents related to speeding in 2020.
- Time of day. The California OTS reports that many injury-causing or fatal accidents occur between 9 pm and 3 am. In 2020, 160 accidents occurred during this period. Drinking and driving and fatigue likely play a role in these crashes. There were 428 DUI arrests in Riverside in the same year.
- The type of vehicle also influences the types of accidents. If you were in an accident with a motorcyclist, please reach out to the motorcycle accident attorneys in Riverside.
Other factors that may influence car accidents in the area include distracted driving, construction, and even ambient road conditions. If a loved one was killed in a car accident, reach out to the Riverside wrongful death lawyers to review your case.
California has some of the most progressive distracted driving laws in the country; there is a ban on texting and handheld phone use while operating a motor vehicle. According to the latest statistics from NHTSA:
- 80% of crashes involve driver inattention.
- More than 3,000 people lose their lives nationally each year due to distracted driving.
- Talking on a cell phone is the most common source of driver distraction.
- Talking on a phone, even a hands-free device, can lead to “inattention blindness,” which means your brain doesn’t see what’s right in front of you, even if you’re “paying attention.”
- Reading a text can take your eyes off the road for five seconds, which means you could travel 100 yards at 55 mph without ever looking at the road.
Whether from construction, congestion, or even rain, road conditions can also contribute to Riverside car accidents. Since California does not receive a lot of rain, for example, slippery conditions during rains can lead to more accidents than occur in areas of the country that get more rain regularly. Slippery road conditions can cause both serious and fatal crashes, especially if Californians do not slow down and drive for ambient conditions.
Common Types of Injuries in a Riverside Car Accident
Injuries in an auto accident can range from cuts and scrapes to permanent spinal cord injuries. The speed, severity, and circumstances of the car collision can determine the types of injuries. Some of the most common auto accident injuries our Riverside car accident attorneys at Bentley & More, LLP, see include:
Contact a Riverside car accident lawyer if you or someone you love suffered catastrophic or long-term injuries in a motor vehicle accident. You deserve excellent legal representation. If your accident involved a commercial truck, reach out to our Riverside truck accident lawyers today.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Riverside, CA
The moments after a traffic accident can be disorienting and painful. You should seek immediate medical attention after the accident by calling 911. If you are well enough, take the following steps to document information after the car accident.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including all vehicles involved, any traffic signs, and the road around the area.
- Collect information from the other driver, including his or her insurance information, driver’s license, license plate number, and make and model of the vehicle.
- If there are any witnesses at the scene, take their information as well. They could provide testimony in your case later on.
Once you receive treatment for your injuries and detailed your story to a police officer, contact Bentley & More immediately. Do not speak to an insurance adjuster until after you speak to a Riverside car accident attorney.
Contact the Riverside Accident Lawyers at Bentley & More LLP Today
If you need an injury attorney to assist you with your Riverside car accident claim, look no further than Bentley & More LLP. Our Southern California law firm has the resources and the experience you need to negotiate with insurance companies for the maximum possible settlement, as well as enter the courtroom.
Our Riverside injury lawyers offer free consultations at our offices or in a location convenient to you. Contact Bentley & More LLP today to schedule your appointment and to discuss your legal options further.