Riverside Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents killed and injured 2,651 people in Riverside, California in 2015. Negligent drivers, dangerous roads, and auto part defects cause the majority of serious car crashes. At Bentley & More LLP, our Riverside car accident lawyers can help victims and their family members fight for fair compensation for related medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, and emotional suffering they endure following a car accident. Contact us today to learn more about civil actions during a free car accident consultation.
Riverside Car Accident Resources
- Do I need a lawyer if I’ve been involved in a car accident?
- When should I get an attorney after a car accident?
- How much does a lawyer cost for a car accident?
- What damages can I recover in a car accident case?
Do You Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
When you’ve been involved in a car accident, you may need to sue the negligent party in order to get compensation for things like medical bills, property damage, missed income, and more. If you plan to sue the other party, our Riverside car accident attorneys are your best bet for maximizing your compensation. We know the ins and outs of the legal system and will be able to act as a middle man between you and opposing legal counsel or the insurance company. Additionally, attorneys can often times increase the amount you are awarded by a significant number. At Bentley & More, our years of legal representation in Riverside car accident claims have made us a go-to law firm for victims throughout Orange County.
When Should You Get an Attorney After a Car Accident?
Any time you plan on taking legal action against the negligent party – a car accident attorney is the way to go. There are numerous issues with representing yourself in a car accident dispute – especially when you are dealing with the opposing insurance company. Insurance companies have several sneaky tactics they use to get you to admit guilt or reduce the amount of fault placed on their client. Additionally, they have large law firms backing them up. If you plan on winning your car accident case, hire a reputable Riverside car accident attorney from Bentley & More LLP to represent you.
How Much Will a Car Accident Attorney Cost?
There is a common misconception with attorneys that they are so expensive they cause clients to go broke. While legal fees can be pricey – causing you to go broke is far from true. At Bentley & More, we operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t charge attorneys fees unless we win your case. That’s right – we don’t get paid until you do. Other ways we aim to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses are:
- Offering a FREE initial consultation with one of our award-winning attorneys. No commitment, no strings attached. Our team of attorneys are waiting to discuss your case with you – free of charge! During your consultation, a member of our team will review your case with you and let you know if you have a case and how we can help maximize your compensation. They can also answer any questions you may have about the process or what to expect.
- Minimizing the hours billed to you. At Bentley & More LLP, we understand that your money is hard earned and shouldn’t be wasted on excessive legal fees. That’s why we utilize everyone on our staff to handle your case as quickly and efficiently as possible – maximizing the amount of compensation you receive.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Car Accident Case?
Riverside car accident claims give victims the opportunity to recover monetary awards for their crash-related damages. “Damages” can refer to a variety of losses the wreck caused to the claimant. Car accident victims can seek recovery for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Attorney’s fees
- Rental car costs
- Mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
- and more in California
Car Accident Laws in Riverside and California
You must file your car accident claim within two years of your car accident for the courts to hear your case in California (three years if you’re only seeking property damage recovery). California is a comparative negligence state, meaning your own percentage of fault for the accident could limit your recovery. Hiring a Riverside car accident lawyer to argue your side of things can help you maximize your compensation. Wearing a seatbelt is mandatory in California, as the Sheriff of Riverside County reminded citizens in a recent public service announcement. Failing to wear a seatbelt could reduce your recovery for car accident injuries.
Riverside Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death and injury in the United States, including California. Between 2013 and 2015, 9,000 Californians died in incidents involving motor vehicles. Riverside is not immune to death and injury caused by motor vehicle accidents. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS):
- In 2015, 2,651 people died or sustained injuries in auto accidents in Riverside.
- Alcohol was involved in 267 of these accidents.
- More than 150 people sustained injuries in motorcycle accidents.
- Over 100 people died or sustained injuries in pedestrian accidents.
- More than 90 bicyclists suffered harm in accidents involving motor vehicles.
Car accidents are common in Riverside for a variety of reasons, including the traffic and geography. Understanding the factors surrounding car accidents can help motorists better reduce their risks of crashes and injuries.
Riverside Population and Traffic Information
Riverside County has a population of 323,666. It’s part of one of the busiest metropolitan areas in the nation and is home to three major highways: the I-215, State Route 60, and State Route 91. High traffic volumes and congestion may play a role in car accidents throughout Riverside and the metro area.
Factors Affecting Crashes in Riverside
Car accidents can occur in virtually any situation, but some factors are more likely to lead to injury-causing accidents than others. The California OTS found that the following factors were most likely to play a role in accidents in 2015.
- According the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driver error accounts for most car accidents. Statistics in Riverside County seem to echo this point, with 641 fatal and injury-causing accidents related to speeding.
- Time of day. The California OTS reports that many injury-causing or fatal accidents occur between 9 pm and 3 am. In 2015, 257 accidents occurred during this period. Drinking and driving and fatigue likely play a role in these crashes. There were 579 DUI arrests in Riverside in the same year.
Other factors that may influence car accidents in the area include distracted driving, construction, even ambient road conditions.
California has some of the most progressive distracted driving laws in the country; there is a ban on texting and handheld phone use while operating a motor vehicle. According to the California OTS:
- 80% of crashes involve driver inattention.
- Nearly 3,000 people lose their lives nationally each year due to distracted driving.
- Talking on a cell phone is the most common source of driver distraction.
- Talking on a phone, even a hands-free device, can lead to “inattention blindness,” which means your brain doesn’t see what’s right in front of you, even if you’re “paying attention.”
- Reading a text can take your eyes off the road for five seconds, which means you could travel 100 yards at 55 mph without ever looking at the road.
Whether from construction, congestion, or even rain, road conditions can also contribute to Riverside car accidents. Since California does not receive a lot of rain, for example, slippery conditions during rains can lead to more accidents than occur in areas of the country that get more rain regularly. Slippery road conditions can cause both serious and fatal accidents, especially if Californians do not slow down and drive for ambient conditions.
Common Types of Injuries in a Car Accident
Injuries in a car accident can range from cuts and scrapes to permanent spinal cord injuries. The speed, severity, and circumstances of the accident can determine the types of injuries. Some of the most common we see at Bentley & More LLP include:
- Broken bones
- Head and brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Contact a Riverside car accident attorney if you or someone you love suffered catastrophic or long-term injuries in an Orange County car accident. You deserve excellent legal representation. The more severe your damages, the greater the compensation award. Our firm can help you get the most for your claim.
What to Do After an Accident
Bentley & More LLP recommends that all car crash victims seek immediate medical attention for their injuries after a wreck. Then, collect information about your crash such as the name of the other driver, photographs of the incident, and the police report number. Call our Riverside car accident lawyer once you’ve gotten medical care and compiled information about your accident. Our accident attorneys are always available to discuss your rights and options after a car accident – for free during your initial consultation.
You’re in good hands with Bentley & More LLP. We have everything you need for superb legal representation during insurance settlement negotiations and car accident lawsuits in Riverside. Our Riverside personal injury attorneys have the experience to handle simple to complex car accident claims, working closely with each of our clients to provide the best possible support. Call (949) 870-3800 or contact us online to talk to a lawyer today about your car accident.